Saturday, August 12, 2017

Day 4 - 7: Impressions from Tolo and surroundings

Day 4: A short visit of Akrokorinth was necessary - although multiple times seen - still a wonderful place to walk arround. Afterwards some impressions :)









After this journey only relaxation on,in and by the sea of Tolo took place :D

Day 6: Visit of Epidauros and driving to Athens

What a day... Since charging via the different hotels didn't work out at all for me, I had to drive back to Athens for charging the car :/ Normally I stay at the Meraki Hotel in Tolo, where charging is easy and no stress at all, but in August where all Hotels are nearly completely booked you have to switch each day. So one decision for sure: Next holidays in Greece before July or after August but not in the main season again ;)

Afterwards some impressions from Epidauros:








As sad before, since charging is/was quite difficult here in Tolo I decided to drive back to Athens to charge the car completely. More or less it worked out that way although I had some troubles with the AC and DC chargers ;) the ChaDeMo charger slowes down after ~20min to ~8KW and you have to stop to let it cool down or simply wait and pay for the time as well since the plug becomes too hot and the AC charger did not accept my charging card initially - no more money on my prepaid card - so my fault ;) The problem with the DC charger is in my opinion only based on the very high temperatures within the Polis Park garage and not the fault of the charger itself. Or maybe it is only a Tesla problem?



But I had a really nice talk with Dimitris from Fortisis (the only local and only private financed charging company). The are currently planning to install DC chargers next to all Greece highways until next summer (2018) :D and AC chargers as well all over Greece :D

Very good news :D

Thank you Dimitris for your time, the very nice and good talk we had and your support!

Until tomorrow more sun and the sea is on...


Have a nice and good time everyone :)

1 comment:

  1. You have to change hotels every day? Well, that's something new for me! Didn't you book prior to visiting? Also, what's with Tolo? There's so many places in Greece! For instance, all northern-Greeks have a say: "There's no place like Halkidiki", that's why I'm spending a couple of days here! Free charging as well, just so you know! ;)

    ReplyDelete